Put 35 years of combined experience to work for you and your family.
Decatur Family Law Attorney
Serving Macon County & Surrounding Areas
Family law involves legal issues and disputes relating to family relationships. Because of their very personal and intimate nature, these issues are commonly the most emotionally challenging of all legal matters. Your life and that of your children can be dramatically impacted by how these issues are resolved and have long-lasting effects well into the future. Going through a family law matter, such as divorce or a custody case, can be confusing, emotionally draining, and stressful. This makes it even more important to put a trusted, knowledgeable, and caring attorney on your side.
At Hawkins Law, P.C., our family law lawyer provides the personalized attention you need at this difficult time backed by an abundance of experience. Through our knowledge and guidance, we strive to reduce the stress of the legal process so that you can move forward with confidence. We know that the decisions involved at every phase of the process may be some of the most important in your life and that of your children. We are here to help you make these decisions to ensure the well-being of you and your family.
Arrange for a free initial consultation with a Decatur family law lawyer by contacting us via email or by phone at (217) 599-6110.
Family Law Cases We Handle
Family law involves a wide range of issues related to the rights and responsibilities of families and domestic partners.
Hawkins Law, P.C. handles all types of family law matters, including but not limited to the following:
- Divorce. Whether uncontested or contested, high-asset, or same-sex, we can guide you through all of the issues and decisions related to the dissolution of the marital relationship.
- Custody. This can be a divisive and worrisome issue for many parents. Our goal is to help you devise an optimum custody and parenting plan.
- Adoption. Expanding your family is a rewarding experience that involves an often-stressful journey of many steps. Our firm can advise and guide you toward making your dream come true.
- Guardianship. Whether for a disabled adult or a minor child, we can help you secure or contest this legal relationship through the courts.
- Paternity. Establishing parenthood for a father is a critical step in the matter of legal rights and obligations for the custody and support of a child. We can assist in the legal process.
- Child support. The state of Illinois requires all parents to financially support their children. We can help you secure a fair and just support payment.
- DCFS cases. We can represent you in matters involving the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, such as investigations.
- Post-divorce modifications. We can assist in the modification of alimony, child support, and custody court orders when circumstances change making current orders unviable.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. These agreements give you control over property rights and responsibilities should your marriage end in divorce.
Why You Need a Family Law Attorney in Decatur
Family law issues are complex and individual to you. They require attention to detail, thoughtfulness, and familiarity with the laws, the local courts, and their proceedings. Our firm has been a legal resource for the community for many years. We can address your concerns, answer your questions, shoulder the burden of the legal process, and give you the advice and guidance needed to empower you in the face of the governmental “system” overseeing your case. In our terms, you are not a “case.” You are a valued client to whom we owe our best effort for reaching the most effective solution in the most cost-effective manner.
- Decades of Experience
- Personalized Attention
- Stress-Free Environment
- Trustworthy Representation
- Knowledgeable Attorney